Friday, January 7, 2011

Answers for all your questions . . .


I asked God to take away my pride, and God said, "No". He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said, "No". He said her spirit is whole, but her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience, and God said, "No". He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation, it isn't granted, and it’s earned.

I asked God to give me happiness, and God said, "No". He said He gives blessings, but happiness is up to me. 

I asked God to spare me pain, and God said, "No". He said, "Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow, and God said, "No". He said I must grow on my own, but he would prune me to make me fruitful.

God will not allow any difficulty to come into our lives that we are not capable of bearing.


In all your prayers and quests this year (2011), take some time to reflect on the truths above. Nothing good has ever come easy (save for the manna from heaven in the days of old), so determine to go through every situation of life with a confidence and complete trust in God that he is right beside you. Don't buy into instant miracle as preached nowadays but remember that the hand of the diligent will bear rule. Prov 22, 29 also says have you seen a  man diligent in his business? He will stand before kings and not mean men. Yes the race may not be to the swift but we know that the above scriptures admonished us to work hard at whatever we find our hands to do but to put our trust in God and not in man or some other things.

Remember, it is not enough to say happy new yr, but is the doer who is indeed blessed in their deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment